ISSR – International Conference
Education, Science, and Religion
Puebla, Mexico, 8-10 February 2017
The International Society for Science and Religion, the Centre for Studies on Science and Religion (UPAEP, Mexico), and the Foundation for the Dialogue between Science and Religion (DECYR, Argentina) invite ISSR members, as well as non-members, to submit abstracts related to the major themes of this International Conference.
The conference will take place at the Universidad Popular Autónoma del Estado de Puebla (UPAEP), Puebla, Mexico.
- Profs Michael Reiss (UK): Teaching evolution given the rise of creationism and intelligent design
- Celia Dean-Drummond (US): The Art and Science of Vocation: An Argument for Wisdom and Conscience as Companions on a Way
- Juan Arana (Spain): TBD
- Claudia Vanney (Argentina): Challenges for the dialogue between the sciences, philosophy and theology in Spanish-speaking countries
- José Funes (Argentina): TBD
- Gianfranco Basti (Italy): TBD
- Juan José Blázquez (Mexico): TBD
- To present innovative educational strategies for the science and religion dialogue
- To establish research on the social function of the science and religion dialogue
- To strengthen the cultural and scholarly dialogue between science and religion
- To locate the new perspectives on the science and religion dialogue in light of new technological and scientific advances
- The Big Questions between science and religion
- History of the relations between science and religion
- Epistemology and methodology of the science and religion dialogue
- Education on science and religion
- The science and religion dialogue as an educational experience
- Pedagogic and didactic experiences in teaching science and religion
- The social function of science and religion
- Science and religion in society today
- University, science, and religion
- Science, religion and the future of humanity
- Contributions to the contemporary cultural dialogue
- Ethics of future science and technology
Submission of abstracts
- 300 words abstracts should be sent, with a one-page CV, to Guadalupe Calleja Cantú, at the following email address: email@example.com
- Deadline for submission is 15 October 2016.
- Announcements will be made on 1 November 2016.
- Languages accepted are Spanish, Portuguese and English
- Relevance of the topic submitted
- Quality of the abstract
Registrations should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost for participating at the conference is US$50 (US$25 to students).
Accepted presentations will be published in the proceedings of the conference. The 10 best presentations will be considered for publication at Quaerentibus. Teología y Ciencias.